7/2/08

Small Steps to Savings!

I am furnishing my new apartment and it's coming together. The better it looks, the less stressed I feel. Know what I mean?

I've been trying my best to get good deals so I went to Walmart for some things. First, I made a list to shop from, which was smart. I thought I did pretty well with my purchases, staying under $300.

I've been reading about a way to save on home phone bills, too. Families with low incomes can apply for a service that offers a $12 discount. Small savings like that can add up when money is kind of tight.

I still need some furniture for the living room. I am going to watch what I spend so I can stretch out my money. I am feeling blessed and greatful for this new place.

Hope everybody's doing good. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

4 comments:

Sierra said...

Congrats on the new place. Keep ya eyes open in the newspaper, spend smart...there are sales going on everyday.

Steven said...

COngrats on the new apt. Good luck with the saving. I just got a mastercard which gives a 1% rebate for everything you buy, it doesnt seem like much but it can really add up. every penny helps.

Abby Campbell said...

Actually I am in the same process as you. I am moving into my apartment at college in August so I am doing the same thing, shopping for bargains! Luckily my roommates and I have a lot of furniture we can bring but we do still have quite a bit to get. Yard sales and family is a great start because you can find so good stuff pretty cheap. Hopefully you can find everything and good luck on the move.

Kim Poole said...

Hey Gwen,
I know just how you feel... And, yes, a few extra bucks off the phone bill now, could be that shopping bag of cheap paper goods later, so huff and puff and penny pinck pinck. Ok, that wasn't funny, or as easy executed. From experience I'll tell you that I am still trying to furnish my three bedroom house since January of this year. Just like you, I have no livingroom set... The new windows, refinshed basement and leaking roof was my concern, but I would love a living room set. Hey maybe I should get a house phone too, my half working cell phone is horrible! Anywho, my addiction to vintage stores and "life in the Faboulous.." spending habits is a part of the problem too. Hey, I think I just went off on another topic! Umm, Congrats on your new place!