10/31/08

Excuse to post wedding pics





Hey GABbers!!
Did you miss me??? Or maybe you forgot I was even gone! Anyway, I am back from my wedding and my honeymoon (and an extremely long road trip back from Minnesota)... and back to work!

I came back with a lot of fun gifts and memories, but there is also another thing that me and my new hubby came back with.. anyone? anyone?

NEW DEBT!!!!!!! AH!!!!!
It took us a while to reduce our credit card debt from past lives and lo and behold we are in uncomfortable territory. The good thing is, we have a plan and we'll be fine. We made the choice to splurge a little bit because it was our wedding. We probably didn't have to pay $800 for an Excursion Limo, $500 for a fairly small cake, $800 for a photo booth, $700 on cigars, $500 on hair for all the bridesmaids, 2nd dress for late night bar hopping.. and the list can go on.

So my question for you all.. if and when you choose to get married, how will you go about the potential massive cash that goes along with it?

1. Hope your family will pay for it
2. Start saving now--even if you don't know who you want to marry
3. Have a frugal wedding (think back yard BBQ)
4. Have a small wedding
5. Go all out---afterall this is your big day!!!
6. Splurge on a few things that you feel are important (examples please)

Thanks and its good to be back!!!

2 comments:

Sierra said...

Congratulations Dani. I saw your wedding pictures and you looked very pretty. I'm glad that everything went as planned.

So in response to your questions that you left us to comment on....I personally, will go all out on my wedding day. I plan to have it on a beach on an island somewhere. My hubby and I will have a small intimate setting in the middle of the day so that we will capture the sun going down in our pictures. We would throw a wedding that is similar to something that you would see in a movie, with live musicians and dancers from the island performing for our entertainment at our reception dinner. Of course our families would not pay for it because it’s our fantasy and that is one thing that we can proudly say that we did on our own. Debt is out of the question, I want to plan ahead so everything can go right and me and my hubby will not be stressed out afterwards.

Gwen Oloto said...

Hey Dani,

Your wedding dress is absolutely beautiful! You look so happy and elegant. You are blessed to have found a partner and a friend. As you two share this jurney together, remember to always support one another and to listen well to one anothor. Comunication is a key factor in a relationship and everyday you'll still be learning things about each other. I'm very happy for you and your hubby! I hope there will be many blessings to come for your family. I'm hoping to find true love someday, too.