2/17/09

What a budget means to me...

A budget is a way of saving money. It is sort of a lifestyle. One can spend frivolously or one can spend wisely by budgeting. I choose to live by a budget: every paycheck I put money aside for saving, I take care of my bills and I place my spurge money to the side for my hair, entertainment activities to have fun with and food. So far it has worked!

Without a budget, I would live paycheck to paycheck struggling to pay a bill. I would not have set savings amount, it would be awful! I would probably spend all my money on clothes and going out eating at restaurants. My life would be a wreck. The thought of not knowing how much money I have left in the bank at the end of the week….is financial ignorance.

I have adapted to the life of budgeting and I encourage others to practice a life of money management.

No comments: